Trying to stay motivated when things aren’t going quite the way you planned is quite difficult! Let me re-phrase that, it’s super fucking hard. Problems and heartaches in life are inevitable, It’s natural to get overwhelmed by our struggles and when things aren’t going our way, most of us, me included, have a tendency to complain. In my experience complaining rarely does much to improve the situation and can often make matters worse. You know what it’s like, it’s so tiresome to provide support to someone who shares their problems with you constantly. So I try not to be that person … A way to combat this feeling is to find the strength to stay positive. I always try to laugh even when it’s hard to. I spend time with other people as much as I can and refrain myself from isolation. I like to give myself space and time to re-energize (I can’t stress how important this is for me).
A way I’ve been trying to combat all this feeling of hopelessness is looking back on my life and some of the things I’ve done and achieved so far and dwell on the good things in my life at this moment and list a good 5 things out. Sounds silly, but I read it actually makes you so much more grateful for the life you have had so far.
- I have a wonderful family, I believe I had the best upbringing. My parents are so loving and supportive of me and everything I’ve ever done. Im very close with all my relatives and they give me constant love and support.
- I had the opportunity to work for one of the largest most successful companies in the world for 6 months overseas. It resulted in many life lessons, personal growth and life long friendships
- I have had the opportunity to travel and see lots of amazing places
- I got to live in the Texas for 6 years with my family and attend school there
- I have wonderful friends, close or distant, I love them all
Every struggle we encounter is a step forward; it’s all part of life’s journey, giving us the opportunity to learn about ourselves. The way in which we are able to handle what life throws at us, defines our future and who we will become.